OpenBH Experiment Update – Enter : Search Traffic

Well boys and girls, it’s official, the sites are getting traffic. I checked the stats on the 9 domains I have going and search traffic is trickling in. The traffic the site is getting is from long tail keywords with little competition but that’s pretty much what I expected.

I have had my team building links to the sites for the past few days and it appears to be paying off. No sales yet but search traffic is a good start. I found an affiliate network today that pays a CPM for an invisible ad. I’m fairly certain it’s a scam but I may toss it up on some sites to see if i can use it to monetize these in conjunction with the CPA offers.

I can already see potential with this system though. The sites are easy to setup, they get indexed quickly, and they generate search traffic almost immediately. Because of this, I have started building a control panel to automate some of the site building tasks. So far it’s managing my domains and keywords as well as organizing them into campaigns to help me keep track of what sites are in which niche. I’m going to build some stat reporting in too and integrate it into openBH so the sites will call home and let me know what kind of traffic they are getting. I am currently using the statistics provided by my host to keep track of search traffic today.

That’s your update, more to come. Stay classy, internet.


OpenBH Experiment Update

Well, after just a couple days the domains are already getting indexed by Google. They all have between 5 and 20 pages in the index already. I did some basic link building to get the bots interested but nothing major. I did ping each of the domains once and built maybe 5 links to each of the domains.

So far so good with the sites, we’ll see if they generate any sales.


Let’s see about OpenBH

I’ve recently been wanting to get back to destroying the internet with filthy spam sites after a long time doing nothing but consulting so I decided to try out Earl Gay’s OpenBH. It’s free so I figured I didn’t have much to lose by giving it a try. I started by buying up a fist full of expired domains that claim they have both PR and some inbound links. I’m going to buy up around 50 domains and promote a few different niches. I’m starting with some weight loss sites and I haven’t yet decided on the other niches I will promote.


Today is day 1 of the experiment with some domains bought, some sites built using OpenBH, and some links built to the sites. I’ll try to keep the progress of my experiment updated if I don’t have too much rum and decide that it’s not worth the time.


A quick note about openBH – so far it’s awesome. Those guys over in whatever silly assed country the developers live in have done a good job. The setup was so easy it was almost non-existent, the pages generate beautifully and are cached, and the template system is stupid simple. I am going to read through the developer docs and see if I can’t come up with a couple hooks or addons to build next but out of the box it’s a great product (and it’s still in Alpha).


Friday Free Code – Auto Google Translate (php)

Below you will find a handy dandy piece of code that The Kaptain uses to take some content and make it just a little bit more unique.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
function googletranslate( $text, $destLang = 'es', $srcLang = 'en' ) {
 
$text = substr($text,0,1500);
$text = urlencode( $text );
$destLang = urlencode( $destLang );
$srcLang = urlencode( $srcLang );
 
$url = "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&q=$text&langpair=$srcLang|$destLang";
 
$trans = wpbf_http_get( $url );
$json = json_decode( $trans, true );
 
    if( $json['responseStatus'] != '200' ) {
        return false;
    }else{
        return $json['responseData']['translatedText'];
 
    }
}
 
function wpbf_http_get($url){
     $options = array(
            CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
            CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => true,
            CURLOPT_ENCODING       => "",
            CURLOPT_AUTOREFERER    => true,
            CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 120,
            CURLOPT_TIMEOUT        => 120,
            CURLOPT_URL            => $url
        );
 
            $ch = curl_init( $url );
            curl_setopt_array( $ch, $options );
            $content = curl_exec( $ch );
 
           // echo $content;
            $err = curl_errno( $ch );
            $errmsg = curl_error( $ch );
            $header = curl_getinfo( $ch );
            curl_close( $ch );
            return $content;
}

Now, the way I generally use this is to have the script randomly select a couple languages from the list then loop the content through each one. See below:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
$mytext = "Some big block of text up to 1500 characters long";
 
$langs = array("es","fr","de","it","nl","ru");  //add any other language supported by Google Translate or remove ones you don't want to use
$i = 1;
    $useLangs = array();
       //you can change the 3 to whichever number you want to have your text translated more or less times
       while($i < 3){
            $z = $langs[array_rand($langs)];
            if(!in_array($z,$useLangs)){
                   $useLangs[] = $z;
                   $i++;
            }
 
        }
    $useLangs[] = "en"; //whatever language you want the content to end up in
    $lastLang = "en"; //whatever language your content is in originally
 
    foreach($useLangs as $lang){
        $mytext= googletranslate($mytext,$lang,$lastLang);
        $lastLang = $lang;
    }
 
//echo out your newly translated text!
echo $mytext;